Jul 13, 2009

Week 47: Break From Classes

This week our last formal lecture-style class ended, Primate behavior. We finished up with a field trip to the Santa Barbara zoo to see their Bolivian titi monkeys, gorillas, and gibbons. Then we took a little quiz and it was over like that! No more sitting in classrooms again until August! Yeah! I also had my last zoo day for the summer at the LA zoo working in the enrichment department. I stayed up in their little secluded workshop with some pretty nifty people, mostly volunteers, and made some cool toys for the animals! However, there is still about three weeks left until my vacation...:( I have noticed that a few people that have returned from their earlier vacations are already crapping out again, so I feel good about my choice for the last week.
It shouldn't be so bad anymore now that people aren't in classes and we only have to worry about shows and getting our animals fed through the day! So far everything/everyone is staying healthy and cool despite the super hot temps! And we'll all float on OK...

No comments: