May 21, 2010

Week 89: Cat Ambassador

I found myself quickly on a plane and jetting into Cincinnati, OH where the wonderful zoo there has a wonderful program called "Cat Ambassadors". Basically, think cheetah show. The main feature is of course, 5 cheetahs, but they also have an ocelot, a fishing cat, servals, dogs, a red river hog, and house cats. They had just moved into a new building with a new yard for them to put their summer shows on in. Because they had JUST moved, there was still lots of construction going on that I could see in progress and how that whole process works out. There wasn't a lot of training going on as a result, but I still had tons of fun hanging out with the cheetahs and all the other animals. I didn't get to see a full run practice either, but we did let a couple chase a wiffle ball around on the end of a lunge whip, so it was close. Great week overall that I wouldn't trade for anything! (Pics: Me and Chance, Cheetah runs, up close)

No comments: