Feb 7, 2009

Week 25: Realizations

A lot of things just really hit me this week as to just how busy my life is about to get. We were given our manager positions this week. I got safety manager. I share this position with a good friend, and a total moron. My friend and I are both well acquainted through our families with emergency preparedness, especially fires, which is the main issue at school. The other guy is a dufus who was working for a contractor and now thinks somehow he knows everything about everything. We're working to let him hang himself, but there's also a good chance he won't quite make it through this semester, so we'll see. We not only are in charge of emergency evacuation stuff, but also making sure all MSDS sheets are available and that first aid kits are fully stocked. Nothing super cool, but it'll look pretty sweet on a resume! We will all offically be turned over and start working on our manager duties by March 8! That's one month people.
Animal requests for our assignments were turned in this week, so now in about two or three weeks, we will get those back. Turn over for the animals will start tute-suite and we'll be taking over feeding and caring for them by April! In April the second years disappear on all their projects and we won't see them again really until their graduation in May. It's pretty crazy and it's all happening rather quickly. On top of all this turning-over business, we're still prepping for spring spec, still have assignments for other classes to work on, and I'm needing to start some rat training! Good thing I have quite a bit of free time in my schedule to get a lot of this stuff done! Parting shots today are Starsky-patagonian cavy, and Hudson-North American Beaver.

No comments: