Jan 31, 2009

Week 24: Enter Tom and Crow

Holy crap, this is the longest month EVER!! I feel like spring spec should be happening next weekend, but it's still like a month away. The theater is pretty much ready to go. The only thing missing now is a curtain to hide the back stage view that some of the audience has and some cloth to put up behind all the bamboo fencing that you can apparently see right through. We secured the bamboo this week and put up a shade cloth over head for backstage this week. We also acquired our uniforms, which are some red plaid shirts. Our theme is camping, so what says camping better than some plaid? Maybe we'll just come out looking like lumberjacks, but I think it should work.
I suppose the major news front for me this week is I got my rats. I took them from a class mate who had some babies to get rid of. I named them Tom and Crow, after the quirky robots on Mystery Science Theater 3000. Tom looks just like his daddy and I think Crow is going to be kind of Siamese colored. I've also gotten my maze for them and training will commence in a few weeks. Otherwise, no news on panda viewing yet. We will turn in our animal requests next week and then eventually hear back about those. Last week we turned in requests for manager positions. Those are just like they sound. Certain aspects of the zoo need help being run and we fulfill that need. It's some what possible we will hear about those next week. Since I don't have a lot to say this week, I'll leave you with a few animal shots and some of my new ratties! (Tom-rat, Crow-rat, Schmoo II-California sea lion, Forest-Dromedary camel)

No comments: