Apr 18, 2009

Week 35: Old Man Starsky

The routine of getting all of these animals fed and entertained is starting to sink in well. I'm enjoying it and actually found this very busy Saturday somewhat enjoyable. All my animals are doing well, and I'm doing well working with them. For the most part my co-trainers are good too. There are a few issues, but we are hoping they resolve themselves in a short matter of time. Next week I'll start bringing my maze and rat to school more regularly since the test for that is only two or three weeks away (I can't remember).
The major happening of this week is that on Wednesday, Starsky, our patagonian cavy was put down. He was really old (13, they generally live to 10!) and he had an infection in his chest. Sadness, but not too much. He was a rather skiddish rodent, so he never had much of an impact on the zoo, but he will be missed. You can reference the picture of him if you've forgotten on week 25's post.
This week's pics: Sampson- bobcat, Tyson- squirrel monkey, Nyani- hamadryas baboon, Harrison- harris hawk.

No comments: