Sep 14, 2009

Week 56: So Long, Samburu

Things are still chugging right along. Projects are being planned/worked on, animals are being trained, shows are being performed, and a certain script is still being written. Amidst it all, Samburu, our caracal (pictured below) was put down. He had been having some severe neurological issues (possibly a brain tumor, or some other degenerative disease). He was about 15 years old, so he wasn't a youngster or anything. Very sad still.
All the animals we took from the facility that was in trouble went home this week. Yeah for them still having a home!
In our vet lab, we've started learning about injections and how all that works. I know a lot of it already, but it's always good to get other perspectives and tips.
The highlight of my week was doing the Peacock Foundation's fundraiser on Saturday. It was a blast! Sprinkle's cupcakes were there, so I sampled their tasty treats for free! I also bid in the silent auction and won some gift certificates to a local BBQ joint and then a frozen yogurt place for dessert! Oddly enough, E! network was there to cover the event, so I might be making an apperence on their morning show! It was a great time and I hope I'll have enough time that I could help them out in the future.

No comments: