Dec 4, 2009

Week 65: Final Assignments!

(Sorry for the lack of updating. Sadly, the posts will suffer and likely not be too detailed because it's all a blur.) Not a whole lot exciting at the zoo. Now that we're back, we all have to get back on track with our training behaviors. Finials are less than a month away! Traveling and trying to work on training just doesn't happen well, so this whole semester of training is sort of silly. Big highlight this week was having my last LA zoo day this semester on the Indian rhino string. I had a great time, the rhino and the hippo are really awesome! However, it was full of pain and disaster as well. When cleaning the hippo pool, I managed to fall and scrape up my hands pretty good (don't worry, the pool was empty and I had just finished cleaning it!), but it could have been much worse. Later that day, I managed to destroy my ankles as well when I fell carrying a 50 lb. bag of feed. Always look where you step! I'm fine, and no doctors were needed or lawyers for that matter...
This week we also got a few of our last animal assignments posted! I got Buddy, the raccoon, and one of the sugar gliders, Chip. I'm super excited about each of them, but it was a little weird to be added to the sugars since they are supposed to be year-long assignments. The good news is that their trainers and I get along swimmingly, so they are actually excited too. I can't wait to be out there in Spring Spec, jumping those little guys around! Not sure what extras I will or won't ask for though so we'll see if that's it or I might add one more. (Pictures: Golden Gate bridge, San Francisco Zoo bears)

No comments: