Dec 4, 2009

Week 67: Thanksgiving!

This was a really great and short week with the holiday. Classes were a little bit lighter, although we are trying to hurry and cram in a lot to our vet class since we're a bit behind. Our big paper was due this week in vet class that next semester we have to make a power point presentation about. My topic was chronic wasting disease. It's pretty interesting, feel free to look it up if you want to know more about it, or you can ask me since I just finished making myself a mini-authority on it. A very exciting thing happened this week as I had my very last ever PM area! All these "lasts" are starting to happen now, and it's kind of sad, but mostly really exciting! The new area schedule was posted and I also learned that I never have all day area again! That was excellent news!
I managed to get Thanksgiving day off this year with no area and no animals to feed. Hubby and I had a wonderful time making our own meal and stuffing ourselves silly. Just the one day though! On Friday, I was back at the zoo. It felt good to know that these should maybe, hopefully, be some of the last ones I spend with out family. That all depends on where I end up after this of course, but I'm still hopeful. (Pictures: San Francisco zoo, polar bear, lion, and me feeding a giraffe)

No comments: