Nov 15, 2008

Week 13: Projects Week

This week all the second years left on their first project, so we were left to take care of the animals again. My mornings were fairly lax considering all I had to feed in the AM was the vervets. However, I felt like I was running willy-nilly in the PM trying to get all my birds taken care of in addition to my monkeys. I definitely least enjoyed having to deal with Puppy, our turkey vulture. He was just a vicious meanie who ended up taking a chunk out of my fellow care taker during a feeding/cleaning. He's fine. I was always trying to find a way to make it easier and not have to worry about getting eaten, but I guess there really isn't a good way to go about it. I had other issues with two of the other people assigned to the vervets flaking out on the other two of us all week. They really showed a lack of caring and commitment. They also really slacked on coming up with good B.E. for the monkeys, who are required to get some every day. Hopefully they will change their attitude before the next time we are needed, which is in December. Oh yeah, and sorry I don't have any pictures like I promised you this week. Sorry. I'll try and do better in the future...
After another week of reptiles, I'm again still entirely positive that I don't like them at all and would love it if I never had to do reptiles ever again. And on another side note, California is again on fire and we are again on alert as they are fairly near-by. I'm sure we'll be fine though, no need to be worried! My semester is quickly coming to a close and I'm starting to feel the crunch of all the projects I have due, not to mention all the finals that are coming up and I haven't even sort of started studying for. [insert classic Liz stress noise here]

No comments: