Apr 4, 2010

Week 85: Spring Spec=Over

Sunday ended the big festivities. I won't be participating in another one of these except as a spectator! Hollywood Animals came out for our creature feature with one of their leopards (the one I went on set with). It was good to catch up with those guys. The week is now busy, yet empty because it's officially spring break for us. That basically means that with no classes, it was time to crack down on turn overs in a big way with the first years. Most of them have taken over the feeding calendars entirely now, and we have very little to do. Ghost is the one animal I have to stay involved with due to his medical issues, we are unable to let the first years man him just yet, but that's OK, it's not much of a time commitment. Even the Vervets' turn overs are going extremely well and they are taking to their new trainers with little resistance! Now we are looking at the real end approaching quickly. I find my self with lots of free time, yet little to do. I have trouble remembering things I did before the program, how to dress like a normal person (there's seriously cob webs on some of my clothes) and I'm applying for jobs like a crazy person. I just need some hope for employment! (Pics: Spring Spec show, Hollywood Animals [Athari again])

No comments: