Mar 29, 2009

Week 32: Turn, Turn, Turn...

I am now officially turned over on three of my animals! This week I ended up finishing my turnover with Kissu, Nuez, and Ghost! I am now officially a big cat, eagle, and rodent trainer! I'm also starting to really focus on my rat training at home and it is going pretty well so far. My maze was built for rats much smaller than mine it would seem, so I am having a few issues, but so far he runs the last two levels perfectly! (Yes, I train it backwards; don't worry, it makes sense.) I am doing a bit more with Nova and I'm almost done with that turnover, and Chance's trainers are still being a bit elusive, but he'll be an easy one. The vervets are as good as done, the whole primate turn over process is a really different story once you hit the relationship building process, it can take the whole year-long assignment in some cases.
Spring spec is almost over, only one day left! So far this weekend is amazing and we will defiately end on a very high note.
One funny thing for me to illustrate this week: remember Dunny? The big hairy cow? Well, Dunny had some lice issues (no worries, very species specific) so we finally decided to shave him and do all the shampoo treatments as a final end to all that and here's a picture of him. Also pictured: (Barney- Double yellow-headed amazon, Rico and Iggy- Swainson's Toucans, Rio- Blue and gold macaw)

No comments: