May 24, 2009

Week 40: Semester 2 = Over

The second semester ended as of Wednesday! I passed with flying colors, looks like straight A's for me! Everyone is getting ready for next week and the summer semester to start. Sadly, we discovered one of our classmates is leaving the program due to some absence issues. We will have a new student re-joining the program then to fill her place. That will be kind of weird, but I'm sure we'll get over it. I had my semesterly meeting with Mara (staff) and things went well. She has a good grasp on who I am and how I operate and staff seems to generally really like me and the job that I'm doing. I just need to improve on being more enthusiastic outwardly, which I totally understand and I've definitely been working on it. We also had an awesome meeting this week to discuss our up coming projects! Cindy (staff) gave us a list of already set up, ready to go projects and then she wants us to start talking to her about any others we want that aren't on the list so she can work on setting those up. It was just really exciting to think that we really only have a year left here! On Friday, we met with one of our part-time staffers that works at the LA zoo full-time. She is in charge of our zoo days class and we met so she could explain how that class was going to work, as well as how LA zoo days work. We have 3 to do there this summer and I should know when and what areas I'm working soon. It's really super exciting to be thinking about all the cool stuff we are about to start doing as second years. I can't wait!

No comments: