Jun 13, 2009

Week 43: Oh Dunny boy...

This was a pretty cool week. The script for our show is all done and turned in; should be pretty good. Training is going well too. I've changed my strategy with Benji, so I'm starting over essentially and my mid-term is next week... It's all good.
This week was also full of some pretty cool field trips. On Thursday, I went to the Playboy mansion. That's right, one of Hugh Hefner's properties. Bunnies and playmates live there (well, actually just his girl friends...). We got a tour of all their very cool bird species (lots of horn bills). And they have some primates as well (spider monkey, 50 squirrel monkeys). We saw all of the grounds around the house, and saw the cool little game room and the grotto! I thought it was pretty cool over all and those are my pictures down below.
On Friday, we went to the International Gibbon Conservation Center. It's not as fancy as it sounds. It's one guy that has collected some of the rarest species of gibbons on the Earth and is working to breed them and works to conserve them in the wild with foreign dignitaries. He's also pretty crazy... I got pics, but can't post them, so remind me to show you when you come visit. I can let you hear some of the cool songs the gibbons sing.
On a very sad note, Dunny was put down this week, as I said would happen in my last post. Walter seems to be holding up alright. Dunny will be missed...
(Pics: Me, holding Hef's $10k Hyacinth macaw; Hef's personalized Hollywood square; and a couple of cool horn bills)

No comments: